How to Arrive at Your Destination Without a Map

It was interesting to watch the GPS in our van constantly "recalculating" our route on the way to Minnesota. At one point it actually took us in a 3 mile circle twice before we had to help it "reset itself". I was reminded in my own life how each morning I must enter Jesus into my GPS (God Positioning System) to guide me thru the day, waiting for the Spirits promptings to do this or avoid that as I make choices that may or may not glorify God. I find my own internal (Holy Spirit) GPS constantly "recalculating" my route of sanctification, as I continue to make God honoring decisions. As I make the right choices the road becomes less congested I soon find myself on an "expressway" to God. Occasionally I have also found myself on a road with "no access" and had to turn around and reset my destination. This is never fun and the lost time is hard to recover.

I was reminded in Joshua 3:1-13 when Joshua led the people of Israel a "brand new way", "Yet there shall be a distance between you and the ark of 3000ft or 1/2 mile".  Just far enough to see the ark, but too far to see exactly what God would do. Ark was out in front. "It will show you the way to go for you have not passed this way before."

Jesus wants to lead us through mystery, opportunity and difficulty. So often we want Jesus to bless the choices we've already made, when he wants to be out in front. Leading us through the "mind fields" of life. Just like the children of Israel, we don't have to know when, where or why. He alone will lead us to victory.

So don't worry about the road map, worry instead about the relationship with the one who made the universe, the stars, the world, the roads and yes the maps!! :)

Darwin Hughey

2 comments:

  1. Love these thoughts, Darwin! Very challenging to me. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Leanne- you are so right. Thanks for posting this, it is so on target for me this week!

    ReplyDelete